Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sorry for the Late Update!!

I know I've been seriously neglecting this blog, but its so hard to update! I only recently got internet out here in Madurai and even that is marginal. It takes forever to actually get an email to work and I have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting my internet connection since i tend to get stuck with either receiving 0kilabites per second or having the computer just suddenly disconnect.

However, every other part of Madurai has been great. The people have all been wonderful, the children are BEYOND ADORABLE, and I've been able to try lots of different foods while avoiding all the spicy ones!

Also, since coming to Madurai we have gone on many "field trips" and adventures. For example, we visited Tehmali, a really rural and small village where we ate a meal prepared by a chef home from Kotocanal, went to the Southermost tip of India (where three oceans all meet; Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean, and Arabian Sea), visited a school started for children who are the first in their families to get schooling, and attended a wedding today! I promise to update more in detail now that I finally have a way to use the internet!

This is a view from the top of the (small) mountain we climbed in Tehmali. I had so much fun
and learned a lot of Tamil!


Here is another view from the mountain. The town pictured is Tehmali.

This is one of the boys from the Home in Madurai

Here are some of the boys who are supposed to be napping.

An adorably cute boy we met in Tehmali. He was extremely shy.


Three of the boys from the home in Madurai. They all love taking their pictures taken and so keep posing and posing and posing.

Two of my favorites: Radiku and Muttupandi


2 comments:

  1. these pictures are so awesome hal....looks like ur really having good fun and work over there..keep up the spirit..all the best..

    Love Always,
    Dessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed going to the home and the children this year...:(

    ReplyDelete