Wednesday, February 15, 2012

COOKING WITH ESTHER AMMA!

How to Make Lassi

As anyone who has ever visited the Children's home can tell you, Esther takes great pride in her cooking and is always trying to make you eat more.  If she sees that your plate is nearly empty she fills it right back up again, even if you were done eating. I think most people assumed I would lose weight while in India, while in fact I've been having a hard time trying to NOT gain weight from Esther Amma's cooking! 


Together, Esther Amma and I have watched Tamil cooking shows and cooked together. Recently, in preparation of my going home, Esther has been making a lot of my favorites and I took advantage of that to write a lot of recipes down. No one here uses measuring instruments, they all seem to just know the correct amount. However, I hope you enjoy learning about this, and maybe someone might be willing to try :)




LASSI:
Sugar! This is the first ingredient. From what I can tell you just add enough for it to taste as sweet as you want. If you want it sweeter, just add more!

 Add Cardaman Seeds


Add Curd (again, estimate amounts)

Final Step: Blend it all together and then put in the refrigerator to chill. Then ENJOY :)
Look Forward to our next episode of 
Cooking With Esther Amma!! 

I thought this was one of the cutest things ever. Raja,the boy in the center, is the oldest boy in the home. On either side of him are the youngest two boys, Muttupandi and Marudupandi.

 A store selling JUST bananas!

I spent one morning just walking around outside of Meenakshi Temple. Some people liked getting their photos taken, such as this couple, while some of the girls were shy and hid!



No comments:

Post a Comment