Monday, January 30, 2012

One Month Left

Yesterday was January 27th, which means I have exactly one month left in India before starting my journey home.

 I'm extremely excited to go home. I miss my family and friends as well as some more materialistic things, such as having a hot shower or laundry machines. (Did I mention we haven't had running water in 3 days now?) I am also looking forward to hugging my puppy and being able to go off on my own, wether that be just on a walk or run or to someplace a little farther without worrying about being able to communicate and getting lost. Having a faster internet and a cell phone with better reception won't be bad either.

On the other hand, I am really going to miss it here. I like teaching the kids and playing games with them. I have really learned to step out of the box here by trying new foods and different ways to get my point across. I've learned new games and how to make an Indian broom and how to tie the flowers the girls put in their hair. Don't even get me started on how much I'm going to miss Esther Amma and her delicious tea. There is so much I will miss, but for now I am just going to enjoy the month I have left. :)


Esther amma cooking while Nandini looks on.
Sofia and Mutumina
Marudupandi on top, Anand in the middle, and Muttupandi on the bottom. Three out of many little goofballs :)
Our resident Superman
An unusual flower design!
Marudupandi
Marudupandi showing off his temporary tattoo! It was fun explaining how to do them with the kids although they all still call them stickers!

Lakshmi, Nandini, and Myself.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, what cute kids. More pics please. Keep them coming. Only a few weeks left to get them. The expressions on the kids' faces look so happy. You are clearly doing a great job. Keep it up and while you're at it, get some close ups. :) Don't forget to get a close up of Esther amma. She looks so nice and I love the flowers in the hair!

    ReplyDelete